Sunday 5 July 2009

Making A Splash!

I wanted to do one of those strawberry-being-dropped-into-a-bowl-of-water-type picture, the ones you get to see being used in advertisements. Unfortuntely I didn't have any strawberries to hand and I couldn't be bothered to go to the shops to buy one so I had to make do with a cherry tomato instead. Actually, it's quite simple to do and you don't need a vast complete camera/equpiment set-up to do this. All you need is a digital camera that can do 1/2000th of a second (nearly all cameras can do that, even compacts), good strong sunlight, a piece of white cardboard paper behind to reflect the sunshine even more, a tripod to hold the camera in position (so that one finger is free to press the shutter button and the other hand is free to hold the cherry tomato in position) and a clean glass full of water. Finally, to make the whole thing work, you'll need to have cat-like reactions! Be prepared for lots of trial and errors and missed shots but give it a go and you may surprise yourself!
Here's another thing: how come when I did my 365 photos website, I was always constantly struggling for ideas and subjects and finding the time to keep it up, but now I'm keeping it more relaxed I'm brimming full of ideas! Mind you, it is a Sunday today and I'm quite bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment