Sunday 9 August 2009

The Old And The New

Seem to have been a very good day for photography today! It's funny as it only occurs when I'm not planning to be a shutterbug and yet these photography opportunities kept cropping up and I couldn't resist them. So, I've decided to make a little theme of it for today's entry and show how camera technology had really advanced over the years.
The first picture is a classic Box Brownie camera, manufacturered by Kodak in their masses at around the 1940's. It made photography affordable to the general public, a bit like the Ford Model T to the photography world. I spotted this particular model at a boot fair earlier on today and bought it for 50p! I don't know how much they are worth but at the very least it does make for a space filler/conversation piece as it gets added to my small collection of "classic" cameras.
The second picture is a friend's one-year old son, Thomas (he's one half of twin boys) and believe it or not it was taken using a mobile phone. The phone in question is a Sony Ericsson C902 and I will admit to have given that picture a cheeky bit of processing using clever image adjusting software. But even so, it does show how photography had come in leaps and bounds over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment