Saturday 19 June 2010

KITT

You do realise it's only a 1:30 scale model? I set the aperture to the smallest my D40 can muster up, that enabled me to get rid of the toy-like depth of field associated with taking close up photos of small items. However it meant setting the camera on a tripod due to very long shutter speed (30 seconds in this case). I then ran the photo through my favourite paint shop to bring out the contrast a bit more (as well as cloning out the dusty bits!). The background was provided by two sheets of A3s sellotaped together.
For some reason still-life objects seem to come out clearer and sharper this way.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ian,
    since a long time I haven´t look at your pictures and so I want to say, they are nice as always! I wish you fun with your camera again and again!

    ReplyDelete