Sunday 13 June 2010

Results From A Bike Ride

Went on a 10 miles round bike ride today as the weather was so perfect for it - naturally, the camera tagged along with me. The weather was not too silly hot and not too freezing cold. The perfect summer's day in my books.
Photo No 1: I know for many it's an every day thing, heck, for all I know it could well be your house but I wanted to capture the essence of dear ol' Folkestone. For some reason today was the day to do it.
Photo No 2: A basking bird. Not sure what species it is, but it isn't one that didn't look very lively at all - especially since I got to within 3 metres of it and it didn't even flinch.
Photo No 3: Now you've seen those photos showing a good example of a "superior" image, this is the other type of mirage - an "inferior" type - one that is much more commonly seen when a hard surface is rapidly heated up by the sun, but the hot air then hits the cooler air immediately above it. In the process light gets bent and you end up with that fake water reflection effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment